12/17/2009

Happy Birthday!

O Nicholas,

Today on your birthday I don't have a present to give you because I gave you all your presents early. Neither of us can ever wait. So I am sorry about that.
I also had grand plans to make cream puffs but I bought the cream too early and it went bad before I got around to making them. There is supposed to be lemon meringue pie in the works too but I am not sure if you will get that today or tomorrow. Bottom line; I am not very on top of things this year!

So I thought the least I could do was write you a blog post!
This is only the third birthday I have spent with you. Kind of crazy to think isn't it? Three years ago we were just engaged, living in the cities with no Remy. Life can change pretty quickly.
Now your a husband and a father. Remy and I are so thankful for your amazing work ethic, your patience and for every little thing you do around here. I know sometimes its hard to come home from a 10 hour work day to Remy and I having a meltdown and then eating mac and cheese for supper because I am to "overwhelmed" to make anything else and then put Remy down to bed because I get too short with him. But you do it anyways. You have made me a better parent because you are such a great parent. I never thought that you would be the patient parent but you are. And you are patient with me too. I doubt anyone else could live with my demands and my selfishness and still love me. But you do love me. Crazy!

I hope you have fun hunting today, I hope you shoot lots of birds. I hope that you have fun relaxing and taking a break from work and from Remy and me. I hope that you get to eat food that you want to today and I hope that you have fun bowling.

But most of all I want you to know how thankful I am for you.

Happy Birthday Honey, I love you!!

No comments: