12/07/2009

Christmas Wish List

Dear Santa,

I don't know if you read my blog or not, or if I will even get a visit from you this year. I know I shouldn't even complain because of the sweet joint gift me and Nic are getting (thanks for the advance notice by the way). But I thought, just in case you still wanted to drop by, here are the things I most want.

1. Magazine subscriptions.
You know how this makes my heart sing. Getting a gift that keeps on giving all year long. Not to mention the amount of time I usually spend gazing longingly at the magazines while in the check out line at Target. There is just something so fun about the glossy pages and the fact that there is a new one every month. At the top of my list is Southern Living and Inc Magazine. You know I'm a sucker for gossip magazines but I am sure such a nice old man like yourself wouldn't think something like that is very appropriate.

2. Kitchen Utensils.
My measuring cups are mismatched leftovers that I took from my Mom and my measuring spoons were my grandma's in the 70's. I would like a cheese grater that stands instead of being set on top of a bowl. And you know how I have long I have lusted over a micro zester. O the lemon meringue pies that could be made! It wouldn't hurt to have some pretty mixing bowls and several sizes of white casserole dishes. And if I had some adorable little ramekins I would most certainly make you a chocolate lava cake as a thank you.

3. Duvet Cover
I want it, no need it so badly. I won't write which one it is because I live in constant fear that someone I know will see how beautiful it is and buy it for themselves. I don't think I could live with myself if that happened. But if you don't know exactly which one it is thats ok too, a West Elm gift card will do.

4. To Sleep In
Santa, you know that I am a sleep-a-holic. That I need 10 hours at night to function properly, that in my single days I would regularly sleep 12-14 hours on weekends. Perhaps the biggest shock for me being a parent has been the lack of sleep. Even though Remy mostly sleeps through the night he still wakes up once or twice a night several nights a week. But even worse, no matter how early or late you put him to bed, he wakes up every day at 7, for sure 7:30. If I could sleep in one day this year I would be so happy. I know this is impossible, because Remy only sleeps at home and if he went somewhere else for the night he would drive whoever was watching him crazy with crying. I can't go sleep somewhere else because I want to sleep in my very own comfy bed. I'm not sure how you are going to work that one Santa, but it would be the cheapest. In fact, it would be free!


And finally, Santa, if you could take care of just one little thing. You see, while I was writing you this very important letter, my sickly cranky little baby has been playing in running water for the last half hour. If you could take care of my water bill, which is sure to be through the roof, it would make me so very happy.

Sincerely,
Rachel

1 comment:

Tina said...

Mmmm sleep! kitchen stuff! gossip magazines! What more could a girl want? I hope Santa is good to you, if he gives you two microplanes could I have one of them?