1/15/2010

Still Waiting

Thought I should update all of my avid readers while we are waiting for my graphic designer to stop working on snowmobiles and start doing my work. (I mean that in the nicest way possible!)

I am remodeling Remy's room and the hallway. So far I am about halfway done and I am completely losing steam. Laziness has over come me in all areas of my life in the last couple days. In fact, I don't know how I am going to get up the energy to walk to the kitchen to stir the taco meat on the stove.
By the way; we are having taco salad for lunch. It is one of my absolute favorite things and is most definitely not Nic's. I estimate that approximately 60 seconds after he walks in the door he will be looking at me with puppy dog eyes asking if we have any tortilla shells. Why would you want a taco when you could have taco salad!!
Besides doing the usual things like; clean my house( o my goodness it is soooo bad right now!), make sure Remy doesn't go crazy from boredom, do my bi-weekly Target shopping (its payday but the grocery shopping is done!), go to supper at Grandma Carol's and wash Remy's clothes, I still need to do the following.

-Touch up trim paint and ceiling where I slapped random globs of paint
-Braid the strings on my Roman shade
-Try to pry up the piece of gum that has been stuck on our already nasty hall carpet for the last year
-Paint Remy's closet
-Have Nic install new shelves in Remy's closet
-Paint the wonderful bookshelf we were given for Remy's room
-Make Remy a duvet cover so he can finally start using a real blanket, which means he can start using his amazing toddler bed that was borrowed to us
-Make the temporary duvet for our bed (just to get us by until I can afford the duvet I really want)
-Finish trimming out and then painting the downstairs hall
-Finally finish painting the kitchen
-Paint the shelves for the dining room
-Put up shelves and organize the basement so we can start finishing the family room
-Paint the guest bedroom

The last 4 things will probably not be done for the next couple of weeks or month. But I really need to get the rest of the list done in the next 5 days. And its making me want to take a nap just thinking about it.

Oops Nic is home!

No comments: