11/25/2009

Stepping Out In Faith

(Alternately titled, Being Impulsive)

I put in my two weeks notice at Walgreen's last night.

I feel like I should pause so you can process that.

While Nic and I both knew we would be having some big changes in our life this winter and on into next year, we both thought that would involve me working full time with Remy in daycare. Although that could still be a possibility, it is looking more and more like that will be the opposite of what I will be doing.

The last month has been difficult for us, trying to have a family life while working completely different schedules. Both Nic and I have been feeling like I need to be home. Remy, despite his fabulous start at daycare, has become almost impossible to be home with because every time we leave the room he starts screaming and crying. He thinks we are leaving him and my heart can't handle that.

I will still be working at the magazine, although at some point I will be quitting there too. We just don't know if it will be now or in 6 months or in a year. We had committed to full time at the daycare in January but my daycare provider informed me on Tuesday that if we needed to continue part time into the spring that would be fine with her. Now we just need to decide when I will quit that job. I would love it to be earlier rather than later since Remy is having such a rough time, but there are a few things we need to get into place first before I can stay home.

To be honest, I'm a little scared. Walgreens is 2/3 of the income I bring to the family. We will be living on less and at some point in the future, living on even less. But both Nic and I feel like this is where God wants us right now. So I will have to trust Him to help me be creative in our budgeting and provide us.

No comments: